CS Prep Guide
This guide aims to help you scale from zero to infinity for a career in domains related to Computer Science in general and Software Development in particular. I'd highly encourage you to read this as well - as an introduction to getting better.
Be curious. Read widely. Try new things. What people call intelligence just boils down to curiosity - Aaron Swartz
1. Computer Science Curriculum
Courses below helps you cover the very basics of CS.
- Google's CS Career and Technical Developement Guide Consists list of MOOC Courses and Resources for a career in CS
- Open University List of free online MOOC courses that you might take up to gain your free education in Computer Science
Stuff for the curious
- Computer Science Field Guide
- CS Handbook
- Computer Science from the Bottom Up
- Open Data Structures
- List of Awesome Courses
2. Technical Books to Read
- Fred Brooks' The Mythical Man-Month
- Donald Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
You can also cover a list as given here. Thanks to Abhay Rana.
4. Free Side Project Ideas
Open Source Projects
Some Open Source projects where you can start contributing. How to start? Read this.
5. Coding Interview Preparation
Some guides from organizations
- Interviewing at Palantir - Prep Guide
- The Asana Interviewing Guide
- Passing a Programming Interview
- List of Interview Experiences from GeeksForGeeks